Thursday, September 10, 2009

Can I change my 'homo' ways?

Dear Pastor,

I have been a lesbian for the last seven years but every time I attempted to change my lifestyle, something comes back in my way. People should stop judging homosexuals because they don't know why they have become what they are. Is it possible that I can change after so many years?

S., Jamaica

Dear S.,

I do not believe that anyone is beyond God's deliverance. It was not very long ago, I saw an interview on television of a man who said he was a homosexual but he has now given up that lifestyle. I understand that there are organisations in the United States of America whose main purpose is to help people who are desirous of changing their lifestyle as gays. Those who are leaders in some of these groups are former homosexuals.

God can deliver

In America the 'Ex-Gay Ministries,' is big. I suggest, therefore, that you do your own research. You have been a lesbian for seven years but God can deliver you as he has delivered others. You will not receive help if you do not have the desire to change your lifestyle, but you do seem to have the desire to change.

May I suggest further that you make an appointment to see a Christian counsellor and ask him/her to help you. In the meantime, read your Bible, go to church and pray everyday. Do your best to stay away from those who would encourage you to continue to practise homosexuality.

Pastor

No comments: